We recently met with our friends, Paul and Rose Dixon with Pensacola Carpet and Tile Cleaning to discuss the most common items they find causing hard to remove stains on carpet!
Paul and Rose have been in the carpet cleaning industry for over 20 years and are experts in this field so trust them when they say, these are five items you should never bring on your carpet.
- Red Kool Aid. As Paul says in the video, the Kool-Aid commercials always show people drinking Kool-Aid outside. He says there’s a reason for this. Red colored beverages like Kool-Aid, Gatorade, and red wine or among the top items that can stay in your carpeting. Avoid drinking colored beverages on carpeting.
- Slime and gum. Your children made love playing with slime and chewing gum, but these products leave more than a staying behind on the floor and can ruin the carpet pile substantiating a necessary carpet repair.
- Make up including eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick are among top items that cannot be easily cleaned from carpeting.
- Nail polish! Another cosmetic item that will easily stain and ruin your carpeting is nail polish. As Paul says, it’s best to do your nails in your bathroom. As they warn, don’t try to use nail polish remover on carpeting as it just smears the nail polish into the flooring.
- Bleach! Don’t use bleach products near carpeting as they will ruin the coloring on your carpeting and cannot be reversed with cleaning.
Other items we often find damaging carpet includes candle wax, permanent markets or paints, and iron burns so we recommend using caution when using these items on carpeting as well.
Because we’re pet lovers, we’d never tell you not to bring your pets in your bedrooms, but we often find urine stains as another top culprit that cannot easily be removed as urine gets in the pad.
But have no fear, a good carpet cleaning company can help with stain removal products or carpet repair or replacement when necessary. If you’re looking for a Pensacola carpet or tile cleaning, we recommend contacting our friends at Pensacola Carpet and Tile Cleaning to help you out!