Tips from our pest control vendors on how to reduce the number of bugs you have inside and around your home this year! When we reached out for advice, we found that most of the tips on how to keep bugs from coming inside involved reducing the habitats for bugs on the exterior of your property.
- Keep exterior lights off at night. Bugs are attracted to light. Turning off exterior lights at night can also keep termites away. You can purchase yellow insect lights which can deter insects.
- Do not keep standing water around the property. Certain items kept outside can cause water to pool and harbor mosquitoes. Moisture also attracts termites.
- Rake and remove all leaves around your property to drastically reduce the number of pests you have. Leaves from winter are a perfect habitat for roaches.
- Keep the grass short and well manicured as bugs are attracted to tall grass.
- Clogged gutters and downspouts can increase bug activity around your home so report any clogged gutters and remove any debris from downspouts.
- Check around the exterior for ant mounds and eliminate them before they come inside.
- Clean around entryways (doors and windows) to remove spider webs.
- Store items in plastic totes as opposed to cardboard boxes.
- When dealing with ant invasions, you can use white vinegar to neutralize the pheromone trail which will assist you in helping to eliminate them.
- One of the best things people with pets can do is have their pets on flea and tick prevention.
All insects are looking for food, water, and shelter. Eliminate these and you will be less likely to have a pest infestation. You're welcome to purchase your own pest control products or give a technician a call. The average price for a pest professional to come treat your property would be about $75. Prices range depending on size of property and frequency of desired visits as some vendors offer a discount for a quarterly pest control service. Reach out with any questions!
Pest Control Help
We have a lot of bugs and pests in Pensacola. If you are not from the Pensacola area or used to this, this can cause great dissatisfaction this time of the year. If you want the assistance of a professional Pensacola area pest company to keep your property bug free, give one of these companies a call.
Bugmeister Household Termite & Pest
850-5983-9908 Email them Visit their website: https://www.yourbugguy.com/
Tombstone Pest Control
850-932-0977 Email them Visit their website: https://tombstonepestcontrol.com/
Extreme Termite and Pest Control
850-492-9225 Email them Visit their website: https://extremetermiteandpestcontrol.com/
originally posted 03-15-2019